Monday, June 24, 2013

Nana ♥




Nana was a normal winter white. I got her first with Lala. Then came Rara. I got them around Christmas, December 2011. Nana was always the smallest of all and the most active, always climbing the cage, wanting to come out to play. I always hand fed her peanuts, her favourite food. She also loves seeds and fresh veggies. She was the sweetest of all, never biting, only licking. Boy, she really loves to lick water off my fingers and hands! She always greeted me by climbing excitedly when I am nearby her cage.

Nana fell ill probably around April, when she had this wet tail syndrome. At first I just thought it was dirty and thought nothing of it. It lasted quite long though and sometimes there would be blood around her bottom. I was scared of what would be next to come. True enough, she was really sick. The problem did not go away even after washing and she became much tinier too. She bit me for the first time a few days before she passed away. I was shocked, but not angry because I knew she must be in pain or feeling terrible and did not mean it.

24June2013. About one and a half years life span. I came home from work and after my dinner, the bomb was dropped on me. My mum was the one who found her dead. Said she went into the bathing container to sleep and never woke. The estimated time of death was probably around 10am. I was not around to say goodbye. RIP, my sweet Nana, you were the sweetest and dearest hamster I ever had. I love you and am missing you dearly.

No comments: